Properly positioning the apparatus is extremely important. The seat should be adjusted to proper height so the arms start in a down position, one should not have to lean forward or begin with the arms partially up.
- Once the seat is properly positioned, grab each handle.
- Position the outside of the elbows firmly against the pads.
- Rotate the elbows up and away from the body (begin inhaling).
- Bring the elbows as high as they can physically go.
- Lower the elbows back down toward the body while exhaling.
- Repeat steps 3-5
If the apparatus is not properly setup, injury can occur from over extending the shoulders, especially at the peak of the motion.