High Pulley Curls (Cable)
- Set a dual pulley system to a high position on both sides.
- Grasp a single grip attachment on both sides, and turn your hands upward.
- Keeping your upper arms about parallel with horizontal (i.e. the ground), your wrists neutral in position, and your palms facing upward, curl the weight toward each of your temples with both arms, and exhale throughout the movement. Once the attachment grips reach your temples, briefly squeeze your biceps with both arms to achieve extra emphasis on their peaks.
- Lower the weight until your arms are outstretched and fully extended (or near it--depending on your comfort level), and inhale throughout the movement.
- Repeat steps 3-4 for as many repetitions as are desired.
Be sure to keep your elbows pointing outward, not forward.Much like concentration curls, high pulley curls are useful for isolating the peaks of the biceps; to best accomplish this, pay extra attention to contracting your biceps at the end of the motion where the attachments meet your temples.
This exercise should never be performed with any other type of weight lifting equipment. It may cross one's mind that using dumbbells to perform this exercise is plausible but is more likely to result in a severe tendon injury in the elbow.