Side Knee Raises (Hanging Straps)
- With the arm straps securely anchored, places arms into the straps.
- Lower the arms until they are resting in the straps.
- The straps are ideally positioned when above the elbow and slightly into the arm pit.
- Gently put your hands on the hanging part of the straps. Do not grip the straps tightly, as this can relieve weight from the abs.
- Rotating at the waist, point both your knees to the left or right (depending on what side you are working out) or alternate directions (not recommended) after each repetition.
- Bend your knees as much as possible, basically to the point that the heels of the feet touch the glutes.
- Keeping the straps parallel to the ground, slowly bring the knees in front of the chest, exhaling throughout the motion.
- Hold this position for 1-2 seconds.
- Slowly bring the knees back down to the starting position, inhaling throughout the motion.
- Switch knee orientation to opposite side (if alternating repetitions were not done).
- Repeat steps 7-9.
Abdominals (Rectus Abdominis)
Abdominals (Rectus Abdominis: Upper Aspect)
Obliques (External Oblique)
Obliques (Internal Oblique)
Hips (Iliopsoas: Iliacus)
Hips (Iliopsoas: Psoas Major)
Hips (Iliopsoas: Psoas Minor)
Thighs (Quadriceps: Rectus Femoris)
Forearms (Flexor: Carpi Radialis)
Forearms (Flexor: Carpi Ulnaris)
Forearms (Flexor: Digitorum Profundus)
Forearms (Flexor: Digitorum Superficialis)
Forearms (Flexor: Pollicis Longus)
Hips (Tensor Fascia Lata)
Things To Look Out For